[play report] I failed to run Escape from Dino Island

I don't know if this is worth reading but I have to make some bad posts to eventually make some good ones I guess.

Escape from Dino Island with 3 players. I wasn't feeling very well (physically and mentally) which probably contributed to how I struggled a lot with improvisation. Also I should've re-read the whole thing the day of the session, not a week before. Didn't really prep, even a rough framework would've helped me a lot but I misjudged my ability (or perhaps the game's intention?) to improvise stuff. The players are all funny people so they made their own fun with silly characters but I still broke the game off and we chilled in the garden instead. Was nice.

Lessons for future me: Be familiar with the game and its structure(s), prep some stuff to fall back on. Get 8 hours of sleep, a good breakfast, and take a walk before the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

XP for Killing